In The Desert
Adding your Day Trips to the Site!
This would be a great way to show your friends and family your adventures in the desert. Your trips will be on this server for years to come and you can send them links to your adventures. All trips, text and photos have to be approved by the staff of in-the-desert.com before we will post them here. The photos will be resized to fit the layout of the pages (see other day trips here) and the text will be checked for grammar and spelling prior to uploading. Here are a few things you need to know before you get started.
1. You need a minimum of 2 good quality photographs for a day trip. Poor quality photos will be rejected.
Guidelines for submitting a day trip:
2. 15 photos is the maximum unless you get permission for more.
3. Just sending in a lot of photos is not acceptable (see #4).
4. You need to add an informative description for each photo submitted. History, conditions, difficulty of access, etc., and most importantly -- what we are looking at.
5. In writing in your e-mail to us -- include permission to use the photographs and text on the Day Trips page. You will still retain the copyrights. This means you can do what you want with them but you will give us the right to publish it for eternity and it will become the property of
www.in-the-desert.com as per our (TOS) Terms of Service. All photographs and story line will be used only on the Day Trips pages on this site. Photographs and copy will not be used, sold or printed for any reason other than the above without your express permission.
When you send in the photos make sure they are at least 1600 pixels wide so we have a larger image file to work with. They will be resized to match our format and layout. We will also add a small border to them (see any one of the day trips pages for the layout) We will do the resizing!
Here's a couple of suggestions to make it easier:
6. All Day Trips must be Desert related, whether high desert or low desert and must be in one of the states/countries listed on the Day Trips Page.
7. You must include your full name. If you don't want your name on the web, that's perfectly acceptable we'll put up any screen name you chose (example = Desert Don) as long as it's not already being used on the site. You still have to supply us with your full real name to enter a day trip story here.
8. All photos submitted should be .jpg (.jpeg) format. (Full sized photos preferred)
Word Pad document -- example.
Click Here to send us a day trip adventure. We will reply ASAP
We need a location for the trip, remember this is the world wide web and visitors from other countries read these articles. We would like a Garmin GPS track if you have a Garmin GPS. We like to include interactive maps with trips so having a location is very helpful.
If your text (wording) is too lengthy we reserve the right to edit it to fit the space we need. For examples please see other daytrips here on the site. We may also, at our discretion, remove photos that do not have anything to do with the article. We will notify you of any such changes, but you must respond to us in a timely manner.
Content including photographs are Copyright © 2012 - Present - Don & Linda Gilmore
I really hope this will help, and it certainly will make our job easier and make your article more appealing to others. We have done this quite a few times now and it has always worked out well. It archives your trip for posterity and it's a great way to present your trip to friends and family, as well as the rest of the world.